Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 12

Weight: 171.6. Yay! So close to surpassing previous successes now. 8.8 lbs down total and 0.6 from yesterday.

Breakfast - usual juice. Am already running out of veg. As much as i enjoy the juice, i am worried about its affect on our plumbing as well as alarmed at the number of veggies we have to buy. But wow it works. I am really down in weight and my skin is looking really good. Since i am off today, i hope to juice fast the whole day again, but this might depend on the plumber...

Ok update on plumbing - juicing is a contributing factor in our plumbing problem. We had some drain routing issues (fixed last week), plus i have been juicing regularly since January because i like it (which is what made this diet attractive to me), and together those clogged up our drain and we had to have it snaked today. Not nearly as bad as i feared, but i do need to use a ton of water when washing my juicer off. It doesn't get ground up in the disposal as it is ground and can clump.

Now i am hungry for lunch and unsure what to eat. Maybe I won't juice fast today. Leftovers from last night it is.

This day ended up being a bit of a disaster overall. I fell asleep shortly after eating lunch. Woke up. Made two juices for a snack and the next day breakfast. We had to cancel our after work Halloween plans because i had to stay home, so we decided to go to the movie theater near our house that has Monday Night Football on the big screen and serves food and drink. I needed to eat before hand.

Dinner - Licorice Green Juice, Baked Kale Chips, Salad, 3 glasses white wine - yikes!!
Fennel - celery - cucumber - apple - lemon
This was really good, but didn't make a lot of juice.

While I was making the juices I baked some kale chips. I overcooked these and then had to eat them with a spoon as they were too shredded. This was really unsatisfying overall and I decided to make a salad too so i wasn't too tempted at the theater. Salad was Avocado Tomato Arugula. We are out of green onion, but i added pea shoots for some extra pizzazz. Also, have been trying to eat some sprouts with the microgreens and peas shoots as they are highly nutritional.

Left for MNF feeling a little too full, which was probably good. Was not tempted by food there. But gave into the craving for a drink and ended up having three glasses of fermented grape juice and i cannot even use that purple antioxidant excuse this time as I went house white. If I had stopped at two, i would forgive myself, but i went for 3 when we knew the game would go into overtime. Why did i do this? well I was bummed about missing halloween fun, losing a vacation day to the plumber, and just generally feel like i have been nonparticipatory in life since i started this diet. I wanted a bit of normalcy. I had fun and did enjoy the buzz, but wow, by bed time i had a whopping headache. I didn't take aspirin as we are supposed to avoid stuff on the reboot, but that was a mistake.

I did take the time to prepare lunch stuff when we got home last night so i wouldn't have to eat bananas all day the next day and that was really good - except in my impaired judgement state of mind, i ate half of it last night.

Late night snack - "pasta" with roasted veg.
Spaghetti Squash - Eggplant - Red Pepper - Zucchini - Garlic - Onion - Mushroom

No comments:

Post a Comment