Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 18

Weight: 172.6. No change. Very lucky considering how much i indulged yesterday. Am up early at usual work time, only it's an hour earlier re: time change. Have headache and no desire to do anything. Should really go back to bed. Am feeling really conflicted. Today should be the day I juice fast and get back on track, but I also really want to eat fried eggs and watch football with a nice red beer. How do i balance that?

I feel a little out of control as I keep giving into my instant gratification desires, but it's so nice to just have a fun weekend. I am only a pound up from my lowest weight right now. But really this whole last week has not gone well for me. I wish I could figure out where I went wrong - i think it's when our house stuff piled up and i felt like i hadn't had any fun in a long time. And possibly me thinking that it's juicing that ruined the plumbing. I wonder if i just finish my weekend of fun and then try to figure out a way to juice fast on monday? Maybe I can fall back asleep.

Early breakfast - Acai Berry Juice

Tried to sleep more. No dice. Have decided to enjoy today, but plan ahead for the week. Am really thinking problems have stemmed from plumbing and allowing alcohol. Going to be much more careful about that. Plumbing is fear of washing the juicer, plus have dishwasher back and haven't gotten in the swing of emptying and refilling it to have clean juicer.

Morning snack - granola bar
New kashi brand, have been really wanting one for over a week now. It was great. Not too sweet.

    Thinking ahead for the week:
  • Monday - 100% juice fast day, bring different juices to work, have juice for dinner. Run with linsey and walk to ballot drop box. Do not have any wine.

  • Tuesday - Tricycle race day. Juice for breakfast. Limit to one slice vegan pizza at the lunch.
    All vegetable dinner. Make juice tonight. Do not have any wine.

  • Wednesday - Game night. Juice for breakfast. Vegetable lunch. Run with Maggie. Go to TJs and bring all vegetable thing to potluck. Try to stick to it as best can with potluck dinner. Do not have any wine.

  • Thursday - wine mixer night. Juice for breakfast. Vegetable lunch. Run with Maggie. Bring veggie snack to mixer. Only have the wine offered at mixer, don't open bottle.

  • Friday - juice fast day. Run on the treadmill or shred.

We watched football and I did have a few indulgences of the food i've been craving. Mostly I laid around and felt a tad bored and very lethargic with some guilty feelings.

Brunch - Greens with white beans, onion, and garlic. Fried egg, Good Seed Bread, Morningstar veggie sausage. So satisfying to eat this. Red beer.

My husband rallied us to do our basic chore list and that was awesome. I'm feeling like i have to quit football. It's so disappointing to watch our crappy team and fantasy has been a bit disappointing as of late as well. i don't like how it makes me second guess all my decisions.

Late lunch - Husband had two grilled cheese on good seed bread, one swiss, one cheddar. I had slivers of each of these (SO decadent) and the remainder of the beans and greens

Dinner - Red cabbage, with snow peas, garlic, onion, and ginger. Arugula, spinach, tomato, avocado salad. Steam roasted artichoke. Red wine.

Summarizing the cheats: alcohol, small amounts of cheese and butter, fried egg. The semi ok but processed foods: veggie sausage, granola bar. The transitional foods: 1.5 slices whole grain bread, white beans.

Not the worst cheat day in the world, but was very lethargic and didn't really exercise beyond chores. I just hope that can sustain me as i try to follow my plan for the week.

Not the worst

No comments:

Post a Comment