Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 16

Weight: 172.2. Up again. Getting super frustrated. Also had a bad sleep again. I did have a second bowl of my "pasta" last night, because i just found the first bowl to be unsatisfying. Things that could have contributed to my lack of success this week - sluggish metabolism, no elimination (aka #2), wine, considerably less exercise, and no juice days this week. Sigh. That is a lot of factors.

The reboot website only offers 15 day plans. Obviously the movie shows 60 day plans, but they have doctor supervision and i do not. I am seriously thinking about beginning my transition back and need to figure out what i want that to look like. As it is, i am feeling cranky, tired, and frustrated.

Tomorrow we have a social day planned that will involve dining with other people, sunday i could juice fast. Tuesday i arranged for a vegan lunch at work, but it will be vegan pizza which is not reboot friendly... Wednesday we are invited to a game night... That was supposed to be my actual last day. I could transition now by switching to a vegan diet for the rest of November. It makes Thanksgiving a hassle, or i could stop that day. I don't know what to do. Maybe if i mix it in with some juice days, i will still lose weight? I am afraid to stop, but also burning out on this diet. And I had hoped to lose a little more than 8 pounds. Sigh. I wish i knew what to do. I do think my husband and i will try to do the 30 day shred starting tomorrow and that shows promise.

Breakfast - 2 glasses juice
carrot - romaine - celery - cucumber - ginger - lemon - apple - cranberry
i reduced the amount of ginger and lemon, hoping this would get it's pizzazz from the cranberry, but i only noticed a slightly more tart flavor. have big bag of cranberries though, so will experiment more with this.

Late morning snack - banana

Lunch - "pasta" with roasted veg

Snack - 1/2 cup blueberries (gotta get those purple antioxidants in)

I've been lethargic today. I meant to run at lunch and couldn't muster the courage to go out in the rain. Feeling cold. Have extra cardigan on and am wearing pashmina as a lap blanket.

The more I think about it, the more I think some more protein is in order. My plan is to follow a vegan diet until Thanksgiving - with an emphasis on staying on the reboot as much as possible. I will definitely still juice and eat a lot of vegetables, but will add beans straight away. I will try to keep my grains, nuts, seeds, and tofu/tempeh/faux meat servings to a minimum.

Tomorrow my husband and I will also start Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and hope we can keep that going throughout the holidays. And I will try to get running more. I have 3 runs lined up next week and that should really help.

After work, we let off some steam at happy hour and played scopa. I had roasted beets, mixed greens with cucumber and tomato, a grilled portabello and more than one glass of wine. We laughed a lot. The sum total of my transitions for the day were apprx 5 walnuts on my beets and too much wine. But it felt so great to go out on friday night.

When we returned home, i was still a bit hungry and had a generous amount of roasted broccoli and more wine while we caught up on shows. I fell asleep in my husbands arms on the couch. It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment