Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 19

Weight: 174. Wow. Cheat day really took away some of my progress. I am still struggling with elimination and feeling heavy as well. At least I slept decently and woke up feeling more alert than I had all week. It was no problem to stick to my one snooze rule and even got us out of bed to start doing the shred again.

Exercise - Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Level 1.

Felt really good to do that, but it is a butt kicker - literally. I wouldn't say i've regressed entirely from the last time i did it, but it was not as easy as it had gotten for me a few months ago. Really need to keep it up as this may help stop my metabolism from collapsing and ski season is around the corner.

Last night, my husband helped me make two kinds of juice for juice fasting today. Let's hope it goes well! And let's hope it undoes some of the bad things from my transition.

Breakfast - usual juice with pea shoots
carrot - apple - lemon - ginger - romaine - cucumber - celery. Don't know if pea shoots will make a difference, but still had some left and wanted to use them up.

Late morning snack - cran-apple
1.5 cups cranberries - 1 carrot - 2 apples. Loved this. Can't wait to make this again.

Exercise - doubling up today
Met my friend for a run and we plowed through 4 miles in the windy rain. Feeling pretty alive.

Lunch - same juice from breakfast

Am finding my energy level is quite good today. My coworker thinks it is because of the egg i ate Sunday, but maybe it's the juice?

Snack - coconut water

Uff da, began to hit the wall around 3:30 when i noticed daylight savings time effects. I flipped on my light therapy device and drank a coconut water. I think i did this too early because as soon as my timer flipped off for the end of the light therapy treatment, i noticed the sun set right in my eyes. SIGH. had to keep the light on a little longer. And now i am sitting here in the dark and i want the light back on again. Hmm. Will take some practice to get this right. So now it's 4:40 in the afternoon, it's dark outside, and I'm super hungry. My mind immediately goes to monday night football at the movie theater and the delicious pizza i had saturday night. cravings are on overdrive. hmm. this is a tough one because on the one hand i feel i proved myself today - juice until sunset and two hard workouts, but on the other hand if i go get pizza i may be up in weight tomorrow despite all my good work today.

My husband and I came up with a compromise plan - we went to happy hour near where we needed to turn in our ballots. I had a naked green salad and the hummus plate with pita. Delicious! Next time i think i will hold the pita, but this was a good compromise. However, I had more than one glass of wine. Afterward we went up to the movie theater to finish watching the game and then we played pool, which i hadn't done in years. It was really super fun. Great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment