Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 14

Weight: 173.8. Up 2.2 pounds. It catches up to me. Sigh. I've been eating late and weird for like 5 days - to the point where I feel overly full after having been totally famished, plus i have now had a total of 5 glasses of wine in the last 3 days. I've been telling myself, I'm just being social. It's tricky, because I am tired of staying home and dieting by myself. Hopefully this uptick is just a blip.

I slept hard last night. It turns out I did so because our furnace never came on and it was only 30 degrees outside. Bloody hell. OK seriously - so far since the summer we have had to: replace our water main, replace our upstairs windows, get our electricity thoroughly examined and surge protected, get some rewiring done, replace our year-old dishwasher (electricity problem), have our kitchen drain snaked, replumb the garbage disposal connections, and have an air gap put in. Oh yeah, and a retaining wall built to help erosion from touching the outside of the house which was causing water to get in. oh yeah, and all the trees near the electric wire had to be seriously cut back. Is our house completely falling apart? It sure feels like it. Especially as I cuddle here with my hoody on.

Breakfast - Acai Berry Juice
didn't have time to make juice last night, so drank some juice from costco. I know pasteurized juice is discouraged, but i have read that acai berries are high in antioxidants and as i've mentioned, i am worried about getting the purple ones. It turns out this has agave syrup in it, so i kept my portion to 8 ounces.

Fortunately furnace was quick and covered by service contract and we were into work before 11.

Late morning snack - banana

Lunch - half sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli, and 1/2 cup blueberries (working hard on purple food).

Late afternoon snack - raw carrot

I had an evening facial - yay!! operation look younger is at least making me feel good. We went to happy hour right before as we were both starved and then my husband could hang out there an read.

Happy Hour - naked side salad, glass red

We got home early enough for me to have dinner at a semi-reasonable time. I focused on making extra stuff for tomorrow, but didn't have time to make juice.

Dinner - 1/4 sweet potato, 1/2 roasted broccoli, 1 artichoke - briefly steamed whole then cut in half and roasted for a bit. This was excellent, plus I read that artichokes are good antioxidants sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment