Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 17

Weight: 172.6. Up again. I knew it would be as i just feel heavier. Fun night with too much wine equals headache in AM.

We woke up at our work day time and have no plans until 11. Did we shred? No.
I read and he watched an english comedy show.

Breakfast - Acai Berry Juice

Around 10, we rallied and got chores done around the house. Husband winterized - got extra suet out, put the heater in the bird bath, cleaned off the deck and put the "foam nipples" on the faucets. LOL. I wonder if he switched out the nest box with the winter roost as well. I did the dishes. Somehow his list seems way more impressive than mine. I decided I better eat something before our friends picked us up.

Brunch - Greens mix steamed sauteed with onion, garlic, and apprx 1/2 cup of white beans. Delicious. Trying to follow South Beach diet rules with my transition foods, but that is shortly out the window as we decide to have a red beer with brunch. I feel better after. Sigh.

We had the very exciting experience of being picked up by a boat! Our friends have just gotten one and are still keeping it in town as they learn how to maneuver it. We drove down to the boat launch and learned a bit about what it takes to operate a boat ourselves. After a few attempts, we get launched and are underway. It's a gorgeous fall day, bright with autumn colors. Simply glorious. We had fun touring around the lake, seeing amazing houses, the football facility, the airplane facility, and many sea planes. Plus the wintering birds are here! we saw Western Grebes and Ringbill Gulls. Yay!

We had so much fun touring around and then headed over to the adjacent lake to a local restaurant with a boat dock. I have always wanted to boat to happy hour there and i finally did it! Yay for bucket list days!

Lunch - edamame, organic greens mix, tapenade, hummus, one pita. They had champagne available on happy hour, delicious and so fun for a great boating day!.

We got back to the launch and managed to get the boat back up on the trailer. It was so fun and I look forward to learning more about boating. We may get to go on some overnight trips!

Once we got home, I felt a little restless. I didn't want to just cook and clean per usual. We flipped a coin and it landed on go out. So we headed over to the dinner movie theater near our house and saw Tower Heist. It was pretty fun, but not an excellent movie. I ordered the vegetarian pizza and asked for no cheese and had some more wine. Unfortunately, my pizza came with cheese and i couldn't really do anything about it in the dark movie theater, so I just ate it. Oh my god it was good. I really should have only eaten half of this pizza, but i just straight up devoured it. Wow.

Dinner - thin crust pizza with sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, garlic, and goat cheese.

So how did i do? Well i did not do the shred, but i was at least active. I did not stay vegan, but that wasn't totally my fault. I did not follow the south beach rules and had way too many portions of refined grain (pita and pizza dough - and a beer). I had too much to drink as well. Sigh. This is my biggest problem in dieting - balancing fun times and healthy choices. On the plus side I had two good servings of beans and two good servings of greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment