Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 13

Weight: 171.6. Same as yesterday. Lucky break with all of my indulgences yesterday (two dinners and wine).

I slept like sh*t. Wow. And I feel worse today than I did on any other day during the reboot. Retoxing feels far worse than detoxing. I can't believe how badly my head hurt all through the night and it kept me waking up regularly. I ended up taking 4 aspirin, 2 in the night, 2 in the morning and I still have a mild headache. My liver just couldn't handle it. Three glasses over four hours was not earth shattering to me before this, but I suppose it is for the best that I learn my lesson and stay away from the devil juice. So not worth it. Wow. And seriously, I need to have learned my lesson. It's a slippery slope. A tiny cheat on Sunday and a big cheat on Monday... I need to reiterate to myself that I have not given myself carte blanch to cheat now.

Breakfast - the usual with kale instead of cucumber
Carrots - celery - romaine - apple - lemon - ginger - kale
I had this mixed with a little left over licorice green juice. Pretty good. Realize now that in my spaciness this morning, i only had half and the other half is in my to go cup in the fridge. GRR. mad at self. Will have packet of Greens to Go instead.

Late morning snack - banana. I love bananas.

Exercise - Jog 3 miles
Pretty slow, but still not feeling fabulous. Could just be the sleep problems now?

Lunch - "pasta" with roasted veg from last night.

Read in the Washington Post that studies show one glass of red wine helps dieters succeed. Right next to the article that states one glass of red wine a day increases your risk of breast cancer. Huh. Well these are things to keep in mind. If i ever have a strong urge to cheat again - it's gotta be red, and it's gotta be only one. The problem with the after affects is that it stays on your mind.

It was an errand day. After work we planned to hit the bank, costco, and the library. We stopped at our usual happy hour spot so that we didn't have to do all these errands hungry. Husband got a veggie burger, fries, and two beers. I got a side salad with nothing on it and a glass of red. Bad again, but honestly it took the edge off and I'm all right with it.

Snack - naked side salad, glass of red

The rest of our errands took forever and by the time we'd unloaded the car. It was 9 and I was terrifically hungry and on the verge of diving into the granola bars. I couldn't think of anything fast to make, so heated up sweet potato and broccoli in the oven. I got to eat it around 10 and in the meantime drank the juice i was meant to have this morning. i wanted to save it for tomorrow, but i don't think it really keeps that long and it didn't taste nearly as fresh tonight. By the time i actually ate, it was late. I ate all the broccoli and half the sweet potato and just that made me feel fuller than i've felt this entire diet. Like stomach hurt full.

Dinner - Juice from this AM, half Sweet Potato, 2-3 cups broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment